- I am a native mid-Atlantic born American who now resides in the New York.
*I have a standard American accent but can teach you regional accents as well
- I taught English as a second language in Japan for 1 year and to all ages from babies to adults
- Having grown up around many languages in my hometown, right outside Washington D.C., I have a fantastic ear for understanding English with a heavy non-American accent.
- I have formal training in Standard American Accent and Speech from a 13 month program I took given at New York University at Tisch.
- I am happy to help you improve your language for the work-place.I have a Bachelors of Science from the Robert H.Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland at College Park.
Last thoughts: Having always been a lover of languages, I understand the challenges and frustrations that come with learning a new language. English is a challenging language. Beyond grammar and syntax, there are many new muscles you will have to use to make clear sounds in American English which can be tiring. It will take patience and practice. BUT WITH PATIENCE and PRACTICE, before you know it, you will be able to express yourself and your ideas with confidence in English. You might feel more freedom to travel or go for that job you've always wanted that required a certain level of English knowledge. I hope to help you get to the skill level you see yourself being at with English.
The patience required for you to learn is the same patience required of me to teach. I am very patient, empathetic and encouraging. Happy and excited to help you on your language journey! :)