Hello, my name is Jay, and I am a professional British English teacher here on Verbling!
Here are a few facts about me!
➔ I have taught over 4,000 online English classes to more than 400 students in over 50 countries around the world.
➔ I have achieved my CELTA qualification (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
➔ I am currently studying my Master's Degree in Data Journalism at university.
➔ From the age of 17 I have started, built-up, and sold 4 businesses on for profit.
➔ I love business and my current business is in cleaning.
➔ I have a 1500 day streak on Duolingo where I am learning over 40 languages.
I always want my students to get the very best out of my lessons!
Here is what my students have told me.
➔ I am calm, friendly, patient, understanding and student focused when teaching English.
➔ I understand that everyone is different and learns in their own way.
➔ I always actively listen to the needs of my students.
➔ I am able to adapt my teaching style to fit my student's needs.
➔ I use active listening skills to correct my students if they make a mistake.
➔ I am not afraid to challenge my students in my classes as this regularly happens in real life.
➔ I have taught myself to speak a little slower when teaching English, however, I won’t be offended if you tell me to speed up.
Let's get those English results!
In my classes you will receive:
1. A guaranteed HIGH SPEED internet connection.
2. Excellent sound quality (I teach from my office using professional sound equipment).
3. Students can receive an optional personalised ‘Student Progress Tracker' (SPT) where we can keep track of their English progress, homework, new vocabulary and lesson notes.
4. Students can receive an optional ‘English Action Plan’ (EAP) where they can set their English objective(s) and learning goal(s), helping them to stay focused.
5. Direct contact with me through email (students can ask any English related questions).
6. I can read and mark your English homework within 24 hours.