⚠️ Please send me a message BEFORE booking lessons with me. Please read my profile in full so you are sure that I am the right teacher for you. ⚠️
About me 👩
I'm a native English speaker from the UK. I'm from Wales originally, but I've lived in Manchester, England, for over a decade.
I'm a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys meeting new people and learning different things. My hobbies and interests include music, film, TV, sports, current affairs, travel and much more. I'm also a language learner and have a keen interest in Russian and Spanish.
Before becoming an English teacher, I worked in customer service and office administration. In September 2019, I decided to have a change and do the Trinity CertTESOL. I completed it in December 2019, and since February 2020, I have been teaching online.
My lessons 👩🏫
I offer General English and Structured Conversation lessons to adults and teenagers (13 and above). I use a range of materials including textbooks, worksheets, YouTube/Ted Talk videos, pre-class and homework assignments.
I DO NOT teach Test Preparation, Business English, Academic English or children under the age of 12. I also don't offer proofreading services (e.g. CV or dissertation reviews).
🚨 LESSON POLICY 🚨
1. New students: Send me a message BEFORE booking lessons. This includes trial lessons.
2. You must complete a placement test, so I can have an idea of what your current English level is, and I prepare materials suitable for your level. This must be completed BEFORE our first lesson.
3. At least 24 hours notice is required for cancellations and reschedules. No refunds if you give me less than that.
4. Late arrivals: I won't make up time.
5. Please book lessons 48 hours in advance. I need time to prepare.
6. I only teach students aged 13 and older.
7. Lessons are 55 minutes long. If you'd like to have a 45 minute lesson, please let me know.
If you have any questions, please send me a message, and I will reply as soon as possible.
I started teaching on italki as a Community Tutor in February 2020. I have taught a range of lessons including General English, conversation practice and also offer a class called All Things British where I teach students British history, culture and social norms. I've taught students from all over the world but the majority of my students are Russian, Polish, Italian and Spanish. I have recently been approved to teach as a Professional Teacher on italki.
2019 - 2019
Train-to-TEFL - Manchester
As part of my six hours teaching on the Trinity CertTESOL, I taught English at a day centre called Cornerstone. I taught adult refugees. I used a range of materials including textbooks, PowerPoint presentations and worksheets. I taught beginners and pre-intermediate. The majority language was Arabic.
2021 - 0
italki - Manchester, UK
I have recently been approved to teach as a Professional Teacher on italki. I provide General English and conversation practice lessons with the aim to teach Business English in the near future.