If you’re struggling to learn a foreign language, trust the advice of a polyglot language teacher and translator.
I was raised speaking only Italian, and now I speak nine foreign languages, mostly at an advanced level, several of which I learned without going abroad, some in only a few months. I achieved this as an adult by speaking with people, not in class or with books, using original techniques and free or affordable learning resources.
I've taught Italian to adults in language schools and universities. I work as an independent translator from Japanese, Korean and Chinese into Italian. I've lectured in polyglot clubs about my method.
I have developed my own Italian audio course "Ripeti con me!"
Based on spaced repetition, this course is for total beginners to intermediate learners who want to practice speaking.
My lessons are designed to:
- Practice all the skills needed for communication
- Learn words by gestures, and grammar by examples
- Gradually shift from textbook to real-life material
- Follow a plan to master grammar
- Memorize by spaced repetition
- Keep topics relevant to you
- Keep motivation
Dear beginner, I'll teach you only if:
- You're motivated and consistent (2+ lessons per week)
- You have at least 30 minutes a day for self-study
- You're willing to take my one-time course on how to learn languages (if Italian is your first foreign language)