If you want to learn more vocab that can be used across many different content areas, and to make you sound more native, then try watching A Christmas Story (you can also find this on Netflix), and defining the following words based on the context. Define the words as you watch. Here are some words with example sentences, others have no example sentences, so pay close attention in the movie.
1. bacchanalia _______________________________________________
Downtown Hohman was prepared for its yearly bacchanalia of...
peace on earth and good will to men.
2. jostled ____________________________________________________
First nighters, packed earmuff to earmuff, jostled in wonderment...
before a golden tinkling display...of mechanized, electronic joy.
3. grail ______________________________________________________
Wow, there it is. The holy grail of Christmas gifts.
The Red Ryder 200-shot range model...
4. knurled ___________________________________________________
And there he is. Red Ryder himself.
In his hand was the knurled stock of as coolly deadly-looking...
a piece of weaponry as ever I had laid eyes on.
5. seethed ___________________________________________________
6. infinitely __________________________________________________
7. subtle ____________________________________________________
8. indelibly __________________________________________________
9. subconscious ______________________________________________
My fevered brain seethed with the effort of trying to come up with...
the infinitely subtle devices necessary to implant...
the Red Ryder range model air rifle indelibly...
into my parents' subconscious.
10. imminent _________________________________________________
I could tell that I was in imminent danger of over-playing my hand
Good luck, and feel free to email me or sign up for a trial lesson if you need