I’m Ben, a TEFL-qualified teacher (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). Born and raised in London, I have been teaching for five years and have students from all over the world, including France, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Israel, Poland, Sri Lanka, Brazil and Switzerland.
I have a real mixture of students, with some complete beginners learning the basics of English, some studying for exams, such as the FCE (Cambridge First), IELTS and TOEFL, and some advanced students simply looking to improve their English. My classes focus on the needs of the student.
I can help:
- To improve your grammar skills
- Reading and writing
- Preparing for English exams
- Business English
In your free trial lesson, I will assess your English and identify what areas need improving. Depending on your ability and needs, my classes will focus on:
- Grammar: Studying the tenses (how and when we use them), using prepositions (e.g. in, at, on), modal verbs, phrasal verbs, articles (a, an, the), the passive and active voice, and much more.
- Speaking exercises: Discussing important and interesting subjects, practising different grammatical structures and using new vocabulary.
- Pronunciation: If you struggle to hear the difference between through and throw, thought and taught, walk and work, or anything else, you are not alone! English is a nightmare when it comes to pronunciation, but I’ll fix any problems you may have.
- Learning new vocabulary: I like to include news stories and interesting/funny texts in my classes to introduce new words into your vocabulary.
- Idiomatic Expressions: We probably share a lot of the same, or similar expressions (how do you say ‘to kill two birds with one stone’ in your language?), but it’s important to learn idioms which are so commonly used in day to day conversation.