(Highly recommended) Mexican TV shows for helping you (or your kids) with your Spanish
I love when my students tell me that they have favorite series or TV shows that help them with their learning process. I have been there and know how helpful and efficient those videos can be. I am still really conscious of the expressions and words that were affixed to my mind while watching a show.
I would want to recommend you this site: https://canalonce.mx/programacion/ "Canal once" is the TV channel of one of the most important public universities in Mexico (Instituto Politécnico Nacional); they have made different kinds of shows: cooking, traveling, kids, cultural... even some great historical series as "Juana Inés" (that you may find on Netflix).
Why do I recommend them?:
- You will find a big variety of subjects to learn about... or a big variety of pretexts to increase your vocabulary.
- The quality of these productions is going to give you a nice break from famous narco series.
- Canal Once kids shows are great even for adults: lots of new words, not very complex grammar structures, intelligent scripts.
- You have plenty of chance to find a good use of Spanish; common soap operas may be engaging, but their Spanish can be artificial or incorrect.
- "Canal once" has been a popular channel in Mexico for decades. Through it you will get the chance to learn about our culture.
If you kids are learning Spanish, they are going to love "Canal Once Niños" YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/onceninostv Lovely songs, videos that last form 1 to 20 minutes, Mexican kids talking, interesting and fun subjects...
I hope you like these sites! :)
Mi vida antes del Covid- 19 (IMPERFECTO) A-2
The Origins of popular English Idioms
Jen Mc Monagle