Hello dear language learner,
I would love to help you on your language learning journey and
I offer three fields of specialization:
1. Interview preparation & Business German - Jobcoach and certified for Business English (I can help with Business German)
2. I can also help you with test preparations and have helped previous stundets to successfully pass their exams (telc, Goethe, TestDAF (completed training for digital TestDAF and as an examiner for Telc)).
3. Medical - I am telc certified DAF for doctors
My background is linguistics (Master of Arts) with many years of language teaching experience and an understanding of the structure of languages. During my studies and in my final thesis I explored how cultural differences are manifested in languages and how they are mistakenly carried into target languages by learners.
My native tongue is German. I speak accent-free Standard German and I am fluent in English as well.
I have worked as a language teacher on almost all levels (except with toddlers and very young children). I have taught groups and individuals at university and school level as well as in business environments.
Furthermore, I love languages and constantly try new methods for my own language learning to put me in the shoes of the learner.
My teaching style is goal-oriented and suited to individual needs.
My classes are well-prepared and structured with the freedom to adjust to your progress.
It is most important for me that you feel safe and free to make mistakes and at the same time experience a sense of achievement.
After defining your needs I make sure to help you achieve them through:
- A thorough analysis of your sticking points
- language teaching for your conversational or job-specific needs
- using authentic and grammar focused materials
- huge emphasis on your pronunciation and the application of relevant phrases