Hello! My name is Amy. I am a certified English teacher from Atlanta, Georgia in the United States. I have two years of experience teaching in both one-on-one and group settings as a full-time volunteer teacher. I am a certified TESOL teacher and have been trained to uses 40 different methods to make my classes effective and enjoyable!
My lessons are for you if:
- You are looking for a patient and friendly teacher who can provide you with well-structured lessons, but is also happy to accommodate your requests and prepare specific lessons according to your interests
- You are interested in learning a language for general purposes, personal enrichment or tourism, focusing on improving your conversational skills
- You want to your reading, writing, listening, or speaking skills in English.
- You would like to take conversation classes to help you with your accuracy and fluency.
Rules of my classes:
Ask until you understand. I'm one of the most patient people on the planet, so don’t be scared that you will annoy me.
• Be honest: Don’t pretend you understand every word I say. You are giving me your time & money. Make sure it brings value to you as a student.
• If you're not a beginner, avoid talking in your native language as much as you can. If you don't know a certain word you could try to explain it in alternative way by using non verbal language or draw it.
• Think of me as your friend
• Don't be afraid of being too direct or informal with me. The lessons are supposed to be fun, so laughing is always welcome.
**My schedule changes weekly, so if you would like a lesson at a time I am not available this week, please message me and I will try my best to accommodate you**