Hello! I am a TEFL-certified American English teacher. I especially love working with intermediate students of all ages, and focusing on building fluency. In my own language learning experience, I always found it most difficult to get from A2 or B1 (being able to "get by" in the language) to B2 or C1 (being a fluent, confident, accurate user of the language). So I know what has helped me and other learners to bridge that gap, and my teaching passion is helping others cross over to the other side. I also have a lot of experience working with beginners--I am encouraging, patient, and enthusiastic to make those first stages of language learning relaxing and fun! (***See new student policy at the end***)
I would love to help you by:
1) Identifying areas where you have room for improvement
2) Targeting specific challenges you have
3) Creating short and long term action plans to help you reach the next level!
I speak Spanish at an advanced level, so if you find it beneficial, we can use your language for some explanations. Otherwise, if your goal is to speak better and more fluently, let's speak English as much as possible! I will cheer you on and you don't have to worry about uncertainty, we will get there together. :)
Puedo ayudarle o su hijo en español si quiere! Tengo experiencia con enseñar niños, jóvenes y adultos de varios países latinoamericanos. Por favor avisarme en su mensaje de introducción si quiere aprovechar esta manera de lecciones.
Some activities I usually do in my lessons:
1) Pick a discussion topic with some opinion questions and have a conversation
2) Read and discuss an article or blog post
3) Watch a short video and discuss or explain concepts
4) Role-play script exercises to practice situations
5) Explain a tricky grammar topic with a whiteboard or PowerPoint
***NEW STUDENTS: I will be happy to have you book a class! Before you do, I need you to send me a message first with your approximate level and your goals to see if I'm the right teacher for you. Otherwise I will have to cancel your lesson until we can work out the details first. Thank you!***
//Late policy// I will wait 15 minutes for you to come to the lesson, then I will end the lesson.