I am a native French speaker with experience in teaching French to non-French nationals in the Philippines. I've also been teaching online since November 2016, and I love it!
You might enjoy learning with me because...
- I am dynamic, organized and patient,
- I have teaching experience to children, teenagers and adults,
- I specialized in using numeric to improve the learning experience; I am familiar with lots of tools and create my own resources.
- I like to take up challenges; I'm not afraid of trying something new and I’ll do my best to help you reach your goal(s)!
- I take teaching online seriously and I want to deliver a work of quality.
Depending on what you want to achieve, my teaching approach will vary. Below, you will find common objectives and my strategies to help reach those objectives.
* If you want to improve your conversation in French. > I propose you to talk spontaneously. We can choose document(s) to look up before sessions, this will allow us to be better prepared for the discussion. You can prepare a list of vocabulary as well as some questions and opinions referring to the document(s), that we can discuss during the session. While we talk, I’ll write down the mistakes I hear and send you their corrected forms afterwards.
* If you want to train your competences in French. > We can use activities I created in order to discuss a large range of topics and to use all the different skills (speaking, writing, understanding oral, understanding writing).
* If you want to refresh your French. > I first propose you to talk in French so that I can have a better idea of what you know and what needs to be reviewed. After that, I can prepare exercises to review difficult notions and activities to do together in order to use French as much as possible.
* If you want to take a French exam (DELF, DALF, TCF, GCSE). > We’ll use the past subjects of the exam you need to take to train, so that you get familiar with the exam and we see what needs to be reviewed as we do the exercises. If you are not sure which exam is the best for you, I may help you choose, or I can at least redirect you towards useful websites.
* If you want to begin learning French. > We will naturally start by discovering the basics such as the alphabet, the pronunciation, the masculine/feminine system, useful sentences to introduce oneself and essential verbs. We’ll use material I created that aim to let you deduce the rules.
* If you want to improve one particular skill as written comprehension, reading, understanding oral, understanding writing, conjugation, grammar… > Tell me what you want and let me create activities to help you get better.
* If you have specific requests. > Let me know what you’d like to do and I’ll do my best to prepare lessons that fit your wishes. To give you a few examples of what I already did with some students, comprehension of French songs, activities aiming at being able to contact emergency services, reading a book together…
* If you need help to improve an assignment. > I will first have a look at the instructions and then work with you to correct the mistakes and/or reorganize the content.
Don’t hesitate to contact me in case you have questions, I’ll be happy to help you!
Currently, I'm focusing on improving teaching to adults and young adults so I cannot accept any booking for children. Thank you for your understanding.
You are learning French and looking for authentic resources?
Here is a selection on 5 websites that will give you (free) access to plenty of videos!
#1 Nikon Film Festival.
What is it?
En français, il y a beaucoup de manières de sa saluer. Voici une liste des expressions les plus courantes.
Bonjour (monsieur, madame, mademoiselle): formal, to use before 6pm