About Me -
Hi all! My name is Drew and I’m a professional language teacher and coach. I’m from the US, but I currently live in Peru with my wife and two cats. My hobbies are traveling, swimming, reading, listening to podcasts, learning languages and I’m a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu. English is my native language, but I also speak Spanish fluently and I’m currently learning German (and loving it!).
My Lessons & Teaching Style -
I have 4 types of lessons taught in English and Spanish.
1. English through Stories
• Enjoy learning English with stories, movement, pictures and videos
• Improve speaking, listening, vocabulary and grammar
• Classes for kids and adults at all levels
2. Drew’s Accent Course - In this course, you will improve your pronunciation and listening comprehension.
• Learn the 42 sounds of English
• Pronounce 90% of the syllables
• Improve you accent for personal and professional motives
3. Language Coaching - I guide you to learn your target language in your own way by
• Defining goals
• Effective resources and methods
• Creating learning plans
• Giving guidance and feedback
4. TOEFL Coaching -
• Guided speaking section practice
• Learn strategies for the reading and listening sections
• Use templates to write clearer and faster for the exam
• Take the stress off of yourself and get a tutor to know you will get the
score the need!
Me as a Teacher -
I am both language teacher and coach. This means I can give the technical knowledge such as grammar and pronunciation as well as the guidance you need for your self-study and personal needs. I always stick to my 5 principles of language learning
1. Comprehensible Input - We only acquire languages when we can understand what we listen and read.
2. Enjoyable - It has to be fun and motivating.
3. Frequency – You must have contact with our language almost everyday.
4. Efficiency – You must use good methods and stick to the principles.
5. System – You must hold ourselves responsible and have purpose with how we study and practice languages.
Methodologies: Neurolanguage coaching®, Comprehensible Input Methods (TPR and TPRS), Mimic Method, and Language Hacking
Middle Tennessee State University - Tennessee, USA
Degree in Social Work with minors in Spanish and Music Performance
2016 - 2017
Euroidiomas - Lima, Peru
Taught one on one and group classes to children and adults.
2015 - 2016
Mental Health Cooperative - Tennessee, USA
Assisted adults, youth, and families as a social worker in the recovery from mental illness. Educated clients about different mental health disorders and their needed services . Taught clients parenting skills and activities of daily living. Practiced primarily with Hispanic and immigrant populations. Performed intake interviews, home visits, hospital visits and school visits in English and Spanish. Brokered social services and counseled youth, parents, and adults.
2014 - 2015
Social Work Assistant
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. - Tennessee, USA
Taught refugees about American social systems, American culture, and English language acquisition. Performed intake interviews, and brokered program and community services. Developed culture competency with clients from Cuba, Iraq, Congo, Nepal, Myanmar, and more.
One on one classes to young learners (ages 4-13) through an online platform.
2016 - 0
Freelance English Teacher
self-employed - Lima, Peru and online
Private one to one classes for children and adults. Classes have included test preparation (TOEFL and PET), general English (beginner to advanced) and pronunciation classes.
2018 - 0
self-employed - online
Spanish to English translation and editing for documents in English. Translation Expertise: education, linguistics, e-learning, psychology, sociology, social work, social welfare, social services and immigration