Are you looking to improve your English? Business English, Conversational English or simply just to speak English with more confidence?
I am a native English-speaker and have a Level 5 TEFL Diploma. I am from beautiful sunny South Africa. Fun Fact? We have 11 official languages so I know how difficult it is to learn a new language. This is why I would love to make your journey easier.
I love spending my time in nature whether it be hiking or swimming in the deep blue sea. I have a zest for life and a love for literature. I am a creative writer and love using words to express my ideas and emotions. Yoga, painting and fire-dancing are some of my favourite hobbies. I have a wide range of interests from astronomy and biology to astrology and metaphysics. I am an energetic, creative and passionate young lady. I am currently completing my degree in Early Childhood development and loving every minute. I love learning about other cultures and sharing knowledge of my own. I truly believe that knowledge is power.
What am I able to help you with?
I am a linguistic enthusiast and great conversationalist. I am knowledgeable in all aspects of the English language from advanced grammar to beginner vocabulary. I am able to help you develop your reading, writing and speaking abilities to native levels. I have experience as an online tutor with various ages and levels - from beginner to advanced. I also have experience as a home-schooling English language tutor in California.
My approach to language learning is relaxed and patient. This ensures that each student receives a comfortable and unique experience. I encourage my students to challenge themselves to progress as progress makes perfect. I believe in a student-centered approach where student and tutor play an active role in the learning process. A student-centered approach means developing lessons specifically suited to the needs and the goals of the student.
What you can expect:
- A teacher who is incredibly passionate and enthusiastic about teaching and loves helping people improve their English.
- I will not only be your teacher but your coach that will cheer you on, MOTIVATE YOU, encourage you and inspire you to work harder to achieve your goals.
- Interactive and engaging lessons that make you excited to learn.
- I ask various questions before a trial to ensure the lesson is specifically suited to your language goals.
- Before a lesson begins I explain the aim and objectives of the lesson.
- I give lovely notes on all topics that we cover to ensure an all round experience.
- I will assign homework after every lesson to ensure you progress.
- I ensure that we master one concept before we move onto the next.
- We will work at a pace that you feel happy and comfortable with.
- A warm and welcoming environment where you feel comfortable enough to make mistakes as mistakes are a natural part of the learning process.
- Using my creativity to develop fascinating lessons to ensure a stimulating learning environment for my students.
I look forward to exploring all the English language has to offer and more with you.
Language tutor with a love of literature. i help students improve all their language skills including reading, writing and speaking. I encourage my students to challenge themselves in order to progress. Practice makes progress.
A regulated level 5 qualification means that Ofqual (UK government), have approved the qualification to be an equal level of achievement to other qualifications at the same level. Our Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168hrs) is equal to the following South African qualifications: an associate degree, advanced diploma, a foundation degree, 2 years at university and the CELTA and Trinity CertTESOL qualifications.