Hello! My name is Tamuna. I am a native Georgian living in Georgia. I have many years of experience in teaching Georgian to foreigners, and people interested in learning the language. I have been successfully teaching Georgian as a foreign language for 8 years. I have been also teaching Georgian remotely, online, for years. I specialize in teaching Georgian using various communicative teaching methods to keep the lessons interesting, and the learners motivated and fully engaged in the learning process.
My main emphasis on teaching Georgian is to help my students speak the language with confidence, improve their language speaking skills by boosting their vocabulary and knowledge of grammar peculiarities. I am here to help you to achieve these goals! I can teach the specifics of Georgian grammar without much focus on grammar terminologies, if there is a need for it, and the learner prefers to avoid using too much grammar terminologies. Hopefully, you will enjoy the classes!
My lessons and teaching style:
* I deliver the lessons in a relaxed and positive way
* I use and provide various types of visuals, audio and video language materials in my class
* I provide language material adapted to the student's needs and interests
* I incorporate grammar and relevant vocabulary in the lessons
* I introduce the language in the cultural context
* I often give homework/assignment to help the student practice the language better.
* I can deliver the language courses/lessons on Georgian idioms/proverbs/slangs to meet a student's interest.
2001-2007: Tbilisi Humanitarian - Economic Institute
Qualification - English Language Translator, M.A.
2005-2009: Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
American Studies, B.A.
2012-2019: Georgian Language Instructor and Cross-Culture Facilitator - Trainer - Peace Corps Georgia