I think the first principle of true teaching is that nothing can be taught.
I will not be an instructor or task-master, but rather a helper and a guide.
Having lived, studied, and worked in Asia, Europe, and the US in the last 15 years, in my Mandarin Chinese class you will not only learn a new language but also explore different aspects of cultures and lives!
Features of my teaching:
- A personalized study plan fitting your personal goals, skills, or personality. Whether you are learning Chinese for business, for school, or for fun, whether you want to work hard or just enjoy a simple conversation, I'll adapt to your needs!
- Scientific and efficient teaching methods. I learned to teach Mandarin Chinese at the Mandarin training center at National Normal University, one of Taiwan's most renowned universities for Chinese language teaching.
- Teaching experience: Both in a language center in South India and as a tutor. American NGO professionals, American-Japanese business professional, American English teacher, British university student, French history teacher, German high school teacher, Indian nonprofit professional, Japanese artist, Tibetan business professional, and a Vietnamese mother.
- Standard Mandarin with a standard accent. This is what you need for good pronunciation bases.
- Lots of patience and clear explanations.
- Chinese and Taiwanese Cultural stories; the etymology of Chinese characters to help facilitate your memory of the Chinese characters. Taiwan is the only place where traditional Chinese characters are preserved and used, so to learn from a native speaker from Taiwan, you can get closest to the ancient Chinese culture!
[For PINYIN and tone learners or beginners]
We don't need any textbook for this section. I offer diagrams to show you how these initials and finals work and also present their similarities and differences. Imitation and practice are the most important.
[What you can get in my class]
1. Class materials suiting your needs.
2. Tasks after each class and customized study progress
3. Patient correction of your pronunciation and grammar mistakes.
4. Not only the Chinese language but also Chinese culture and stories.