My name is Chris, I’m from London, England, and I love teaching English as a foreign language! I'm a professional teacher who has been teaching since 2012 and I want to make your English learning experience unique and get you to fluency as quickly as possible.
After years of experience, research and listening to student’s feedback, I believe that there are 5 principles that make you learn languages fast and effectively:
1. CUSTOMISATION - Learn what you want to learn and get personalised feedback from a professional at the end of a class and in a video within 24 hours of your class.
2. MAKING MISTAKES WITH DELAYED ERROR CORRECTION - Build up your confidence and fluency and find out what wasn’t correct later. Repeat your corrected sentences and vocabulary after class with an audio track.
3. MAXIMISING SPEAKING TIME - Maximise your precious class time by speaking as much as possible and get to fluency more quickly.
4. MOTIVATION - Keep your excitement for learning and avoid those moments when you feel bored of learning.
5. ACCELERATED LEARNING TECHNIQUES - Let me use my skills, activities and games to make your progress quickly in an area of English you are weak in.
I’d love to see you in a class if you are considering taking classes with me, and I’d be very happy to help you on your journey into the world English. I’ve had some wonderful first classes and met so many great people throughout the world since I’ve started teaching online, and I’d be delighted if you were one of them. Most people understand what the trial lesson is, but it’s not always clear to everyone. Please just look at the points below to check you know what you are booking.
Before your first session starts please consider the following:
- Using a microphone with earphones or a headset will give much better sound quality to your lesson. Using computer speakers will probably result in echoing.
- Google Chrome seems to be the best browser for Verbling Video.
- Doing a test call on Skype with a friend or family member will give you a good idea of how strong your connection is, and if it is sufficient for a class on Verbling. If the speech isn't clear, try turning off the camera. If the speech still isn't clear, try to reconnect. If you are still having problems, upgrade your internet connection.
THE TRAIL LESSON IS:
- A 30 minutes introduction class.
- An opportunity for you to see how the lessons work.
- An opportunity for you to ask me any questions.
- A way for us to create a plan for your learning goals.
- A way to test your internet connection - Occasionally the connection can be problematic for some new online students.
- A way to get to know each other.
THE TRIAL LESSON IS NOT:
- A cheap way for you to get your CV or written work corrected.
- A lesson which is focussed on the areas in which you need to improve.
- A cheap way to get a 30-minute conversation class with the active intention of not continuing. Of course, if you decide that I am not the right teacher after the class and you wish to find another teacher then that is perfectly fine.
N.B. I exercise the right to accept or refuse to give lessons to certain individuals.