❇️ Fluent English and Japanese speaker, avid language learnerقراءة المزيد
❇️ Expertise in Mandarin teaching for 5 years
❇️ Taught 2000+ lessons
❇️ Lessons are fun and easy with cultural insights!
Happy learners are successful.
I am in business to provide a positive, cheerful and stimulating environment for adults to learn Mandarin, where all learners can enjoy their learning, achieve their goal, and eventually become independent life-long learners.
Hi, this is Alex from Taiwan!
Through my experience of learning foreign languages, not only just the language itself but also did I understand that learning culture is also an important subject to immerse, thus I provide various kinds of lessons about Mandarin, including conversation practices, intercultural communication, reading comprehension, even calligraphy, etc. It all depends on what you want to learn, and I will try best to teach!
I have taught over 5 years, met 600+ students from 30+ countries. Also, I have experience in private tutoring and employee comprehensive training in travel industries.
My major in my university is applied foreign languages, specializing in English, linguistics and SLA (Second Language Acquisition) theories. I also studied in Japan as an exchange student for 1 year. Although my current job is not related to Mandarin education, I am now working as a Mandarin teacher as my side business, a content blogger and a Chinese calligrapher too.
I see myself a delightful, light-hearted, and fun person. My teaching styles vary but they all mean to be fun, stress-free and meaningful. Come and join a lesson with me!
1. Textbooks in all levels, from zero to hero!
2. Free chats/discussions in all levels
3. Reading and writing exercises
4. Pinyin go-through and accent reductions
5. ...or any other customized lessons for you!
[ Every lesson is customized just for you! ]
You are welcomed to send any request, questions, or anything you want to know via Message in the Verbling platform. I will discuss with you and make a customized plan for your requests.
[ All of the explanations can be in Mandarin, English or Japanese! ]
I am fluent in these 3 languages, so I can explain the... . I am still learning new languages, and I will try to utilize those as some aids to help you understand better in Mandarin too.
[ Support in all levels! ]
I can teach students in different levels. If you are not sure what level you are in, we can have a trial lesson to know it better! You will have a detailed report after the trial lesson, with your strength, weakness and some suggestions on how I can help you better.
[ Traditional/Simplified Characters, Pinyin/Bopomofo! ]
I support all of those! (If you are not sure what to choose, feel free to message me!)
💪 My Specialities
1. Oral expression (free talk, interviews, presentations, speeches, colloquial dialogue, etc.)
2. Bilingual Comparison (grammar differences, word choices, slangs, translations, etc.)
3. Intercultural Communication (cultural differences, customs, history)
1. Currently I do not accept students below 18 years old.
2. I am speaking in Taiwanese Mandarin, not Chinese one. There are some wordings, expressions, grammatical rules which are slightly different from China. If your goal is more specific to learn Chinese Mandarin (e.g. running a business in China, job hunting in China), I will recommend you find another Chinese teacher from China.
📢 About Customized Lessons
You may send your request, questions, or anything you want to know via Message in Verbling platform. I will discuss with you, and make a customized plan for your requests. It would be great if you have already known what you want to learn (e.g. listening/reading/writing/speaking, course packs, or any certain topics you want to learn about Mandarin and/or Chinese culture).
If you have any questions about Mandarin, I'm glad to help. Feel free to send me messages!
Looking forward to seeing you online. Thank you!
In this trial lesson, you can expect these:قراءة المزيد
1. Brief self-introduction
2. Warm talks in either English or Mandarin to know you better
3. Discussion on your goals in learning Mandarin
4. Discussion on your curriculum & materials
5. Q&A Time!
Also, feel free to share your thoughts, questions, concerns or doubts about any of the items above with me here, we can discuss a bit before we dive into the trial lesson.