My name is Edouard, I have been teaching French for foreigners since 2006. Teaching French is my passion and my full-time job, and I will make sure you get excellent results. My goal is to get you to fluency as quickly as possible.
My method is based on linguist Dr. Stephen Krashen's theory of language acquisition: language is best learned through comprehensible input and with material that is compelling and interesting to you. Moreover, spending time listening to and reading authentic material is key to improving fast. For this, I will give you a weekly schedule that will help you stay on target and will help you keep improving in between classes.
To take on lessons with me, you will need at least an upper beginner level (A2). You also need to be willing to dedicate at least around 15 to 30 minutes every day to reading, listening, or watching programs in French. For this reason, my program is best suited for people who are very motivated and have a definite goal of speaking the language fluently within one year (work, moving to a French-speaking country, exam, etc.)
Here are 5 principles that I will help you improve your French really fast so you can take the next step in your life:
1 - LANGUAGE IMMERSION: I prefer using authentic documents during my lessons and in-between classes to make sure that the French you learn is the French that is actually spoken in France. If you are preparing for an exam (DELF, DALF, etc.), we will use some material used for these exams.
2) ACTIVE COMMUNICATION: my lessons are made so that YOU are the one doing the talking. This is the best way for you to reach fluency fast. Also, I only speak in French during the class (I use English sparingly to "unlock" difficult concepts if needed)
3) CUSTOMIZATION: You will learn faster if you are interested in the material. What's your passion? Do you need French for business? Travel vocabulary? Pronunciation tips? Grammar exercises? Feel free to communicate and I will adapt my lessons to your needs.
4) DELAYED ERROR CORRECTION: Find out what wasn't correct later. I will provide you with personalized feedback with a video within 24h of our lesson.
5) SHARING MY OWN EXPERIENCE AS A LANGUAGE LEARNER: let me share my secret tricks and tips that helped me to master both English and Portuguese at a proficient level.
To start learning French effectively, make sure you have:
1. A stable internet connection;
2. Good quality audio equipment. A headset is ideal so that we can hear each other properly;
3. A quiet place and a rested mind!