Fully qualified and experienced English language teacher with a Master's degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) and a strong academic background in Business, Finance, Marketing and Management. Experience in teaching both young adults and professionals from different nationalities.
I have many years of teaching experience and for the past 8 years I have been specialising in IELTS preparation and have helped many students pass the exam successfully, some of whom have achieved band scores 9.0 and 8.5. I have worked with surgeons, doctors, nurses, engineers, writers, cinematographers, pilots, entrepreneurs, programmers to name a few. I also have extensive experience in teaching for Cambridge First and Advanced.
In addition to the above, I'm experienced in teaching Business and General English.
Areas I can help with include:
- General English – developing all four skills (reading, listening, writing and speaking) through well-planned integrated skills lesson plans.
- IELTS/PET/KET/FCE/CAE preparation
- Academic writing (essays, reports, dissertation and thesis writing) and proofreading
- Critical reading and thinking
- Conversational skills
- Assistance with CV and cover letter writing as well as practising interview skills
- Slang and idioms
- Specialist language for work or study (Business English, English for Marketing, English for Travel and Hospitality, Nursing English, etc.)