You're not necessarily learning English just because you have to, but because you enjoy it, because you have fun with your teacher and constantly want to understand the language better. Why should this enjoyment end when your class finishes? There are many ways you can continue to enjoy language learning outside of class too! Here are just a few ideas:
· Language exchanges- on social media pages you can often find these events happening in your nearest town or city, where you can practise your speaking skills with a native speaker.
· Tandem- an online language app where you can speak to people from all over the world.
· Travel- this is a bit more complicated to do, but if possible, go to the country where you can use your language skills in a real-life situation.
· Teach your kids- you may only be able to use simple English with your children, but any extra practise helps, plus your kids will learn too!
· Be creative- write poetry or song lyrics.
· Stories- be imaginative and write a short story.
· Start keeping a diary in English and write about your day.
· Childhood stories- read a book that you loved as a child and bring back happy memories.
· Recipes- try reading some cookbooks or recipes in English and prepare a delicious dish.
· Travel blogs- if you love to travel, find some English travel bloggers and read about their latest adventures.
· Read what you love- choose a novel that you know well in your language or a genre that you enjoy reading and try it in English this time.
· Social media- change the language settings on your social media pages and mobile to English.
· Cinema- there's something special about seeing a film at the cinema and most countries offer the option to see the latest films in English.
· TV shows- Netflix and similar platforms allow you to watch series in different languages. Try watching an episode of your favourite TV series that you know well in English.
· Sing songs- find the lyrics online and learn the song one verse at a time.
· TED Talks- work on your personal goals and objectives watching different TED Talks in English.
Learning another language should be something that you have fun with inside and outside of class. You will learn faster if you are enjoying yourself at the same time.
If you need some more ideas for other resources you can use, leave a comment or send me a message and I'm sure I can find something that will suit your interests!