1. I was told that I needed to come to dean's office.
2. She has been taught to follow the standards that her parents have set for her.
3. Teacher told us that we needed to do things in this way.
4. She told me that she was going to do this.
5. My friend told me that she was going to throw a part today.
My question is can I use the present tense after I was told, and told me?
Teacher told us that we need to do this way. In stead of we "needed"
I am kind of confused of using these tense correctly.