1. The meeting had to be _________ _____ to a later date because of the holiday.
a) set off b) put off c) laid off d) set to
2. The film begins at 8.30. I'll _________ you _____ at 8.15.
a) pick/up b) take/out c) collect/up d) run/up
3. Tom is depressed. He's finding it difficult to _________ _____ his divorce.
a) get over b) get past c) go after d) give away
4. There is no more sugar. Never mind, we can _______ _______ it!
a) dispense of b) make up c) take off d) do without
5. Teaching is not easy. Sometimes teachers have to __________ _____ aggressive children.
a) handle to b) deal with c) cope on d) work out
6. Alan met Julie by accident. He _________ _____ her at the supermarket.
a) walked into b) crashed into c) bumped into d) banged into
7. The boss wants an explanation. How do you _________ _____ the decrease in sales?
a) make up b) break down c) add up d) account for
8. If we _________ _____ of petrol on this isolated road, we'll be in trouble!
a) lack in b) run out c) stay out d) roll out
9. Sometimes fighting _________ _____ among supporters at football matches.
a) takes off b) starts up c) breaks out d) rises up
10. There will be no press conference tomorrow. It has been _________ _____ .
a) called off b) taken back c) put away d) set off.