1. Peter didn't want to accept the invitation so he _________ to be ill.
A. claimed B. announced C. pretended D. imitated
2. David _____________ to relax on the weekend.
A. enjoys B. would rather C. likes better D. prefers
3. Tom ______________ to come home early.
A. remember her B. succeeded C. is looking forward D. reminded her
4. She ____________ to see him in the car park.
A. remembered B. could succeed C. happened D. doesn't forget
5. My boss ____________ for the bad results.
A. blamed me B. accused me C. complained D. was disappointed
6. The manufacturer _____________ to meet the client..
A. was refusing B. was willing C. doesn't accept D. looks forward
7. She __________ to live in the country.
A. enjoys B. used C. is used D. would rather
8. They succeeded __________________ the report in time for the meeting.
A. to send B. by completing C. in finishing D. to provide