Learn Medical English and prepare for the OET, in context, with an experienced English Teacher and British Medical Professional of 20 years.
I currently work frontline, as well as in community settings, and have taught English and Medical English since 2012. I am a Native English speaker with a standard British accent, and hold the internationally recognized Cambridge CELTA qualification.
OET official exam training.
Cambridge English teacher.
Areas of specialism:
- Preparation for the OET exam at short notice.
- Business/professional English.
- Medical English.
- Legal English.
- Effective communication.
- Expanding vocabulary.
- Confidence building.
- Professional Interview preparation, including to Universities.
- Preparation for USMLE, PLAB, OSCE Exams.
- Interview preparation for medical professionals, NHS, America.
- Support, orientation, settling into the UK clinical environment.
- Wellbeing for study, exam preparation, practice.
My clinical experience is extensive in the UK healthcare environment, though predominantly frontline, acute medical, A&E and across all medical and surgical disciplines. However, I also have many years of experience in non acute settings, chronic disease treatment, management, and mental health, in particular trauma.
I am also a qualified yoga teacher, and always had a keen interest in psychology, mental health, exercise, diet, and its role in disease prevention, management.
As a result, I now teach and practice wellbeing. I utilize this knowledge in my language teaching, to aid students learning, manage exam stress, to help them achieve the outcome they desire, and prepare them for the challenges they will face in practice. I have a holistic approach to teaching.
I also offer Legal English, and have experience in areas such as Trademark Law, Personal Injury litigation, Medical Negligence, Civil Law, GDPR. Lessons can be tailored towards your learning goals.
I am available at short notice, to suit the schedules of the medical professionals I teach. Please contact me if you require me to add more availability, or you wish to book a lesson within the next 12 hours.
- Lesson are built around your needs and learning objectives. I set achievable targets that help build your confidence and competence in the areas of English you wish to learn.
- I offer a supportive learning environment that hopefully keeps you motivated and inspired.
- You will receive continuous feedback on you progress.
- You will get to learn language in context, in other words be able to use it in real life situations that are relevant to your life.
- I create and deliver lessons tailored to your learning style. Whether that be auditory, visual or kinesthetic.
- I offer a holistic approach to teaching.
Please note, i do not offer OET exam preparation in a trial lesson.