Learn Medical English and prepare for the OET, in context, with an experienced English Teacher and British Medical Professional of 20 years.
I currently work frontline, as well as in community settings and have taught English and Medical English since 2012. I am a Native English speaker with a regional dialect, and hold the internationally recognized Cambridge CELTA qualification.
OET official exam training.
Cambridge English teacher.
Areas of specialism:
- Preparation for the OET exam at short notice.
- Business/professional English.
- Medical English.
- Legal English.
- Effective communication.
- Expanding vocabulary.
- Confidence building.
- Interview preparation.
- Preparation for USMLE, PLAB, OSCE Exams.
- Interview preparation for medical professionals, NHS, America.
- Wellbeing for study, exam preparation, practice.
My clinical experience is extensive in the UK healthcare environment, though predominantly frontline, acute medical, A&E and across all medical and surgical disciplines. However, I also have many years of experience in non acute settings, chronic disease treatment, management, and mental health, in particular trauma.
I also hold a qualification in anatomy and physiology. Throughout my career as a medical professional, I have always had a keen interest in health promotion, education, human psychology, diet and fitness and its role in disease prevention, management.
As a result, I now teach and practice wellbeing. I utilize this knowledge in my language teaching, to help you prepare and manage exam stress, to achieve the outcome you desire and to prepare you for the challenges you will face in practice. I have a holistic approach to teaching.
I am available at short notice, to suit the schedules of the medical professionals I teach. Please contact me if you require me to add more availability, or you wish to book a lesson within the next 12 hours.
The atmosphere in my lessons is relaxed and professional. I aim for you to do at least 70% of the talking. You’ll gain confidence from our lessons, and this will encourage you to practice your English in public without feeling self conscious or afraid to speak.
- Lesson are built around your needs and learning objectives. I set achievable targets that help build your confidence and competence in the areas of English you wish to learn.
- I offer a supportive learning environment that hopefully keeps you motivated and inspired.
- You will receive continuous feedback on you progress.
- You will get to learn language in context, in other words be able to use it in real life situations that are relevant to your life.
- I create and deliver lessons tailored to your learning style. Whether that be auditory, visual or kinesthetic.
- I offer a holistic approach to teaching.
Most lessons will include the following components:
1. “warm up" For example, what you did yesterday or at the weekend.
2. Review of our previous lesson, if already taught.
3. Pronunciation exercise: Reading aloud from a short text, role play, to help to correct grammar and pronunciation, and understand the context of grammar in written text as well as spoken English.
4. Main activity: We'll use a text, video, or audio sample, pictures to give context to the lesson and to learn the new grammar or vocabulary and reinforce, consolidate what has been taught in previous lessons.
5. Closing: Review of the lesson that day and plan for the next lesson, as well as homework.
At our first lesson, we’ll find out a little about each other. You can tell me about you learning goals and interests in any specific vocabulary, reading and writing skills, you may wish to learn. Whilst I assess your speaking and listening proficiency. I will ask you to estimate your level of proficiency, and what level you are aiming to achieve, as well as how confident you feel you are at speaking and communicating in English.
If you have any questions before you make your decision, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Please note, i do not offer OET exam preparation in a trial lesson.