***Welcoming new students of all levels!***Read More
Hi! I am an experienced English teacher from the famous city of Oxford in the United Kingdom. I have been living and teaching English in the Canary Islands, Spain, for the past 18 years. I have worked with adults and children, in schools, language schools, in-company classes and private tutoring, and in the online world since 2015.
* Fluency - Improve your fluency for travel, work and social life. Gain confidence through friendly conversation on a wide range of topics chosen according to your needs and interests.
* Exam preparation - I am especially familiar with the Cambridge exams (Preliminary, First, Advanced, Proficiency) and have also helped people with IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC and official Spanish exams.
* Business English - I have business English materials available and experience teaching people who need to improve their English specifically for work purposes.
* Proof-reading - I am happy to help you with proof-reading documents or correcting writing.
* Personal qualities - I have plenty of patience and the flexibility to adapt to your learning style and interests. I will aim for each class to be entertaining and challenging, helping you to progress in an enjoyable way. I am interested in current affairs, environmental issues, family life and all aspects of language learning so I'm sure we will have plenty to talk about!
* Homework / self-study guidance - I will always suggest homework and guidance for independent study (taking into account student's objectives and interests).
I also offer 45 minute lessons at a reduced rate. Please feel free to book a lesson, or send me a message if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting you!
Finally, please do not book lessons for under-13 year olds as we are not allowed to teach them on Verbling!
The trial class has two main purposes:Read More
- To get to know each other a little (you will be able to see if you feel comfortable with me and like me/my teaching style!)
- For me to get an idea of your objectives, strengths and weaknesses. I will send you a personalized learning plan afterwards detailing how I can help you improve your English.
You will also have the chance to ask questions and get some feedback on your English. See you soon!!